Environments Panoptics Supports
Languages and Databases – Experience the Panoptics Difference
With Crosscode Panoptics’ broad support for languages and databases, you view your entire application infrastructure through a single pane of glass. Our proprietary analytics go deep within your code to automatically discover the dependencies and relationships other tools miss – no solution goes deeper; no solution is more thorough.
Crosscode’s analytics support the full pallet of languages and databases seen in enterprise applications, including legacy frameworks such as COBOL and DB2 in Mainframes. Just a few of the major languages and databases supported are listed below:
Our static code analysis methods are part of the special sauce that sets Panoptics apart.
Many tools claiming application dependency mapping “map” applications based on network protocols and ports. Crosscode removes the guesswork out of the picture. It uses a combination of static byte-code analysis and dynamic injection techniques to provide far richer insights into application dependency. Others tools perform application dependency mapping using solely using bytecode injection techniques to build profiles and monitor interactions. While bytecode instrumentation is quite powerful (we use it ourselves!) the results are incomplete. To fill in the gaps, we’ve developed additional unique and proprietary static analysis methodologies to dig deeper and provide a more comprehensive, real-time view of application dependencies.
If the underlying language supports introspection (Java, C#, etc.), Crosscode uses introspection to extract the structure of the application. In the case of a program written in an older language (C/C++) that does not support introspection, Crosscode can parse source code to determine its dependencies. Crosscode also reads the schema of relational databases, extracting metadata about their structure and deriving their dependencies.
This deep, static analysis fuels many of our unique features and capabilities:
- Map your applications down to the method(function) level, and your databases down to the column level.
- Select any class, package(library) or method in an application and see instantly the details of how it interacts with other applications and databases.
- Select any database table or column and see its dependencies in detail.
- Discover processes that dynamic agents miss because they run infrequently.
- Support distributed DevOps teams working in multiple languages and frameworks.
- Stay on top of changes to the code and environment in real-time across complex distributed architectures.
- Conduct impact analyses of proposed application changes that go down to the code level, identifying all functions, classes, and methods that would be impacted by the change.
- Set alerts for changes to code and databases and monitor for security issues using the Panoptics Governance Operating System.
- Review all changes to the code and environment and when they were made using the Panoptics Audit Trail.