Crosscode Panoptics software brings you the insights you need to deliver uncompromising patient care, efficiently and cost-effectively
Healthcare organizations of every size and mission are embracing new technology solutions in their perpetual drive to improve patient outcomes, deliver excellent care and improve efficiency. With safety, privacy and accountability always at the forefront, healthcare technology leaders are looking to agile development, cloud-native application stacks, and other modern application models to help speed innovation, and deliver the reliability and affordability that quality healthcare demands.
Just a few of the myriad trends fueling modernization efforts in healthcare include:
- Patient Satisfaction – Organizations are turning to technology to help increase satisfaction as patients become increasingly cost-conscious and self-advocating.
- Wearables and IoT – A new generation of sensors and devices is improving outcomes and quality of life for patients, making the inventory and supply more efficient, and revolutionizing medical equipment maintenance.
- AI and Big Data – Our expanding ability to manage and analyze healthcare information is opening new avenues of research and identifying trends that can be used to predict epidemics, improve quality of life and cure disease.
- Telemedicine – From managing chronic conditions to routine follow-ups, telemedicine and other virtual medicine delivery models are saving money and giving patients and providers new freedoms and flexibilities.
While current technology offers the potential to deliver tremendous value to the healthcare industry and the populations it serves, the industry also presents unique challenges:
- Healthcare is a tremendously regulated industry. Information technology must meet the stringent security, privacy and data integrity requirements of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA). The regulatory and policy environment remains very unsettled, injecting uncertainty into investment decisions from both capability and cost perspectives.
- Interoperability among healthcare systems such as clinics, hospitals, labs, and imaging services, along with medical devices and software, remains stubbornly elusive. There is a tremendous diversity of systems from multiple vendors with unknown, difficult to trace dependencies that hampers interoperability initiatives.
- Cybersecurity threats against healthcare organizations are extremely high. Health information is seen as particularly valuable to thieves, and the regulatory consequences to organizations of data breaches and other events are significant. Medical device security is a rapidly growing concern.
- Performance requirements in healthcare are uncompromising. Systems need to be available and undegraded even in disaster situations. There is a widespread wariness of cloud among healthcare providers due to concerns over data ownership, security and availability requirements.
Crosscode understands healthcare IT. Our Crosscode Panoptics software brings you the depth and insights you need to deliver uncompromising patient care using state-of-the-art technologies, efficiently and cost-effectively. Our tools help build and maintain applications and infrastructure with the reliability, innovation, and scalability it takes to support the modern healthcare enterprise:
Knowing and understanding all of your applications wherever they reside will no longer be a mystery. CrosscodePanoptics operates across environments that range from mainframe systems running COBOL applications and DB2 databases to cloud-native microservices on Intel-based servers.
- Understand your application data dependencies across the entire infrastructure to ensure interoperability and integrity.
- Work seamlessly across distributed development teams, supporting agile methodologies, DevOps, and multiple languages.
- Identify and patch security vulnerabilities that arise from multiple diverse sources.
- Conduct impact assessment to plan for and execute new development and upgrades faster and with less risk.
- Automated governance to control application and database changes across the infrastructure.
- Audit trail capabilities to trace every change to your system.