Government and the Public Sector in today's marketplace
Government- driving Toward Digital transformation and innovation
Government and Public sector information technology leaders, today must work harder than ever to balance the drive for change and innovation against the realities of tight budgets, rampant cyber threats and the demands of procedural compliance. Citizen expectations for new and enhanced digital services, along with the need to manage ever-increasing data with increased efficiency, are fueling digital transformation across federal, state and local agencies. This transformation impacts virtually every public service spanning:
- New digital platforms to administer direct-to-citizen services from driver’s license renewals to answering Social Security questions.
- Migrations to the cloud for more agile, reliable, scalable, secure and cost-effective solutions.
- Protection against cyber threats to private citizen data, national security information, and critical infrastructure.
- Workplace innovation to support a flexible, engaged, mobile government workforce.
- Data collection and analytics to support government initiatives in such areas as public health and safety, business and finance, technology innovation, and emergency management.
- IoT enabled cities that connect and integrate sensor information to improve management and service delivery.
Whether keeping the lights on day in and day out or pursuing ambitious but necessary digital transformation, public sector officials face a broad array of challenges. Some of these challenges are similar to those seen in private sector operations while others are unique to governmental systems. Some key problems include:
- Deep reliance on a wide range of legacy systems with cross-agency data dependencies many of which are undocumented and difficult to trace.
- Difficulty securing sufficient funding for new initiatives and the need to align funding requests with government yearly budget processes.
- Limited understanding of existing systems and dependencies coupled with high-risk aversion leaves many agencies hesitant to initiate transformation projects.
- Legacy government project management models struggle to adapt to Agile development, iterative delivery, and distributed DevOps teams.
- Cumbersome procurement processes with inflexible rules can slow technology acquisition.
Crosscode understands IT and Government
Crosscode understands the public sector IT. Our Crosscode Panoptics software brings you the depth and insights your agency needs to embrace digital transformation with confidence and deliver the reliability, innovation, and security that government systems demand:
- Know and understand the complicated application and database dependencies across your entire infrastructure from legacy mainframe to distributed cloud architectures.
- Conduct impact assessments for projects of any scale, to plan for, budget and execute new initiatives faster and with less risk.
- Support contemporary, iterative development models and migrate to modern cloud environments more efficiently and securely.
- Identify and mitigate security risks more quickly to protect critical data and infrastructure.
- Automate governance for real-time alerts and control over application and database changes across the infrastructure.
- Enable audit trail capabilities to document every change to your system.